Wednesday, 23 March 2011

I never knew I could write........

Until you told me that night.
I thought I had insight.
But without you it ain’t right.
I never thought I would be.
An ambassador of love so heavenly.
I never thought I could see…
Inside souls so lovely.

I always longed to be true.
Always searched and wanted you.
I had a feeling so great and new..
That one day it would lead me to you.
As I sit in lounges of airports.
I wonder if you’re passing through.
As I watch planes going many ways…
I long for when I stop counting days.

Have you ever wondered who sits next to you.
On your journey to lands so far and  new.
Have you ever longed for real romance..
With a stranger in a brand new dance.

I never knew I could sing..
Next to you I feel like Bing.
I never ask for anything.
Except you to recognize my ding a ling.
Will you stop me in the street and say high, nice to meet…
Will you hold my hand and help me do a headstand.

I will make you smile.
In my own unique style.
For now I must go.
They are boarding us real slow.
Next to me on that plane.
To Melbourne to see the rain.
Leaving Sunshine to feel the cold..
Boy will I feel old.

See you in my dreams..
Lovin’ you instead of counting sheep.
Remember me won’t you please.
I’ll be at Rose Street Market just to tease.